Transportation Information and Support for Seniors in the West Kootenay
- Information for seniors about transportation options
- Trip planning, including transit schedule information and problem solving
- Information and support to register for programs and subsidies
- Life after driving assessments, support and information
- Presentations to seniors’ groups and service providers
- Transit orientations/outings with seniors, including escorted day trips
- Customized, low-cost transportation option for seniors in the West Kootenay, including rural areas
- Medical and non-medical rides 7 days/week
- Rides and deliveries must be booked in advance, through Kootenay Seniors program
- Priority given to passengers needing medical transportation
The Kootenay Seniors Home Support Program aims to support seniors to stay at home for as long as possible, by providing light housekeeping and laundry services. All Home Support workers are screened for COVID-19 symptoms, criminal record check, and have their first aid certification. The fees for seniors are calculated on a sliding scale, according to income. Services are available from Monday – Friday 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. statutory holidays excluded.
- Light housekeeping
- Seniors check-ins. Using our vast list of clients, volunteers, and residents, we provide bi-weekly or weekly telephone check-ins with seniors to ensure they are staying safe, staying home, and checking whether they need anything. Anyone who wants to be included for senior check ins is welcome to call or email.
- We provide resources and information during business hours by phone.
- We are in the process of revamping the website with up-to-date info as well as our Social Media.
- We provide seniors with advocacy for health care, filling out forms online, banking, landlords and any other administration support they need.
For a printable current State of Services for Kootenay Seniors, please click the pdf icon below.
Please contact us at: