Kootenay Seniors Transportation Program is here to help!
- Kootenay Seniors Volunteer Driver Program
- Low cost transportation
- Custom door to door service
- Available Monday thru Friday -No holiday service
- Transportation to Trail Hospital
- Book a ride for medical and non-medical appointment
- Book online or call
- Information about senior transportation options
- Support with trip planning
- Support with registration for transportation programs and subsidies
- Presentations to seniors groups and service providers
- Transit orientations : escorted day trips by bus with fun group activities
- Life after driving support for individuals and caregivers
We look forward to discussing transportation options with you!
Helping you plan to meet your transportation needs.
Please stop into our office at:
709 A Vernon Street, Nelson BC
or contact us at:
Monday -Friday, call to book an appointment or home visit. Wednesday 10:00 am-3:00pm
The Seniors Transportation Program is a project of Nelson CARES Society.
Key Transportation Contacts for Seniors
Seniors Transportation Coordinator: 778-463-5247
Transit Information online: http://bctransit.com/west-kootenay/home
In the Nelson area, call 1-877-843-2877, ext 1
In the Castlegar area, call 250-365-3100
In Trail and area, call 250-364-0261
HandyDART information: http://bctransit.com/west-kootenay/schedules-and-maps/handydart
West Kootenay Volunteer Driver Program: 250-304-2990/Toll Free: 1-877-304-2990
Salmo Volunteer Driver Program: 250-357-2277
Kootenay Rideshare: a website that connects people needing rides to people offering a ride, in return for sharing the cost of the trip.
Silver City Stageline LTD (bus to Kelowna) : fritztravels.com
To find more information and additional transportation services, click here and search the Kootenay Seniors Service Directory