Kootenay Seniors Transportation Program is here to help!
Transportation Information and Support for Seniors in the West Kootenay
- Information for seniors about transportation options
- Trip planning, including transit schedule information and problem solving
- Information and support to register for programs and subsidies
- Life after driving assessments, support and information
- Presentations to seniors’ groups and service providers
- Transit orientations/outings with seniors, including escorted day trips
Volunteer Driver Program – Increasing Mobility While Decreasing Isolation
- Customized, low-cost transportation option for seniors in the West Kootenay, including rural areas
- Medical and non-medical rides and/or deliveries 7 days/week
- Rides and deliveries must be booked in advance, Monday to Thursday through Kootenay Seniors
- Priority given to passengers needing medical transportation
- Delivery of groceries, prescriptions and other essentials
We are always looking for volunteer drivers with 3 years minimum driving experience and access to a clean, reliable vehicle. Criminal record check and drivers abstract will be done at no cost to you. We provide gas reimbursement to our drivers.
Call: 250.352.2708 or click EMAIL US to send an email!
Click on the links below for articles regarding transportation in the community