Programs and Activities
The Kootenay Seniors Home Support Program aims to support seniors to stay at home for as long as possible, by providing light housekeeping and laundry services. All Home Support workers are screened for COVID-19 symptoms, criminal record check, and have their first aid certification. The fees for seniors are calculated on a sliding scale, according to income. Services are available from Monday – Friday 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. statutory holidays excluded.
The Kootenay Transportation Program provides information for seniors about transportation options.
- Trip planning, including transit schedule information and problem solving
- Information and support to register for programs and subsidies
- Life after driving assessments, support and information
- Presentations to seniors’ groups and service providers
- Transit orientations/outings with seniors, including escorted day trips
Kootenay Seniors Fair is a welcoming and fun, and free event held every fall at the Prestige Lakeside Resort. Over 200 seniors and their families come to explore information and activities provided by 50+ local agencies and businesses. Previous activities have included free haircuts, massages, hearing tests, foot care, reflexology, and more. Relax with old friends in our café area with a free coffee and pastry, enjoy a Taoist Tai Chi demonstration, and see what the Kootenays has to offer for seniors!