British Columbia has improved access to health care in rural and remote communities by expanding the role of qualified paramedics! The Community Paramedicine program bridges service delivery gaps within the community.
For seniors in rural and remote communities this service will help them age in place, reduce isolation and prevent hospital visits. Examples of services they are able to provide are:
- checking blood pressure
- assisting with diabetic care
- helping to identify fall hazards in your home
- medication self-management assessments
- post-injury or illness evaluations
- assisting with respiratory conditions
Starting Summer of 2017, this service will be available in New Denver, Nakusp, Edgewood, Kaslo, Riondel, Salmo and Winlaw. Shortly after they will be introducing the program in Fruitvale and Rossland.
Your community paramedic may not diagnose a medical condition, prescribe medications or develop treatment plans. If you feel like you would benefit from this service, contact your physician for a referral.
- CategoryHealth Care Services
- LocationFruitvale, British Columbia, Kaslo, British Columbia, Nakusp, British Columbia, New Denver, British Columbia, Riondel, British Columbia, Rossland, British Columbia, Salmo, British Columbia
- TagsHealth, Health Services, Paramedicine, Rural, Support
- By Author
- Email: email@example.com