Kootenay Seniors Transportation Coordinator
Is our latest addition to the initiatives we are undertaking to explore transportation options in the Kootenays. For a brochure about this program, please click here.
Kootenay Seniors Transportation Coordinator is here to help!
Seniors lets Plan Together!
Transit, HandyDART, Rideshare, Carshare, Volunteer Driver Program.
We look forward to discussing transportation options with you!
Helping you plan to meet your transportation needs.
Please stop into our office at:
709 A Vernon Street, Nelson BC
or contact us at:
Monday -Friday, call to book an appointment or home visit.
Wednesday 10:00 am-3:00pm
Book a presentation to learn about senior transportation issues and how you can help.
The Seniors Transportation Program is a project of Nelson CARES Society.
Key Transportation Contacts for Seniors
- Seniors Transportation Coordinator: 250-352-2708, ext. 10
- Regional Transit information line (toll free call, Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm) Phone: 1-855-993-3100Website: http://www.bctransit.com/regions/wkt/
- Transit Information online: http://bctransit.com/west-kootenay/home
- HandyDART bookings:
- In the Nelson area, call 1-877-843-2877, ext 1
- In the Castlegar area, call 250-365-3100
- In Trail and area, call 250-364-0261
- HandyDART information: http://bctransit.com/west-kootenay/schedules-and-maps/handydart
- West Kootenay Volunteer Driver Program: 250-304-2990/Toll Free: 1-877-304-2990
- Salmo Volunteer Driver Program: 250-357-2277
- Kootenay Rideshare: a website that connects people needing rides to people offering a ride, in return for sharing the cost of the trip.
- Website: www.kootenayrideshare.com
- To find more information and additional transportation services, click here and search the Kootenay Seniors Service Directory